FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We get it, things happen. Sometimes things need to be returned back. Please follow these simple steps/processes and we’ll be all good!
- The pack(s) of flooring need to be returned back to our supplier of origin
- The pack(s) of flooring need to be in good condition and can be re-sold to another customer (up to DIY Floorboard’s discretion)
- The pack(s) of flooring must not be opened and/or damaged
- To be specific, the floors inside the pack(s) must not be damaged by either impact, scratch or moisture
- The floors must be returned back within 30 days of receiving it (unless exception granted by supplier)
- There’s a 25% re-stocking fee charged for all returns and we don’t accept accessories (unless exception granted by supplier)
Take several photos of the damage(s) and email them to us along with a short description of what you can see. We will then either send out replacement unit(s) to you ASAP and/or give you the advice to work around it.
In this day and age, we offer the payment methods that you, the customer, are wanting to use! These include:
- Visa or MasterCard over the phone (no surcharge)
- Bank Transfer using the Bank Details written on the bottom left-hand corner of the quote (no surcharge)
- Visa, MasterCard or Amex via online secured IntegraPay portal here (slight surcharge)
- ZIP Pay
Solid hardwood flooring is the ‘real deal,’ it dates back as early as the 1600s of the Baroque Era! It typically varies in thickness between 12mm to 21mm and as the name suggests, the planks are ‘solid’ all the way through.
They’re kiln-dried, precision-milled and end-matched with T&G joint systems. The ones we sell are raw (unfinished) and will need to be glued, top or secret nailed, sanded and polished post-installation.
Engineered boards on the other hand consist of a thin layer of timber veneer, varying in thickness between 0.6mm to 6mm. The rest of the plank is comprised of either cross-plywood or hevea hardwood (rubberwood) construction base.
These boards almost always come pre-finished and will either need to be floated using underlay or direct stuck using adhesive with the possibility of nails as well.
Unfortunately not – we’re a supply only company. However, our sister company Mint Floors and Shutters can offer this service within metropolitan areas of Sydney and southern regions covering the Illawarra (Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama) and north towards Central Coast suburbs.
Absolutely. Please email us with your full name, postal address, and best contact number along with the sample(s) you’re after. Sometimes we may need to charge you but we will do our best to send them free of charge. All sample costs will be reimbursed when you place your flooring order with us later on.
Depends on a few factors. First, we’ll have to check current stock levels and your location. Assuming stock is available, we can arrange your order to be collected as early as same or next working day. If you’re located within metro Sydney, we can usually deliver on a day that best suits you. For other regions, please refer below:
- Central Coast/Newcastle – 1-3 working days
- Regional NSW – 2-4 working days
- ACT – 1-3 working days
- Metro QLD – 1-3 working days
- Regional QLD – 3-5 working days
- Metro VIC – 1-3 working days
- Regional VIC – 3-5 working days
- SA – 3-5 working days
- NT – 4-8 working days
- WA – 5-10 working days
- TAS – 5-10 working days